Why a Campaign?
Our Mission Howard Payne University is a Christ-centered, academic community dedicated to excellence by developing and equipping the whole person for intellectual inquiry, personal and professional integrity, and service to God and humanity. — Adopted by the HPU Board of Trustees on July 27, 2010
Our Purpose Since 1889, Howard Payne University has enabled students to seek their education while strengthening their faith so they may go out to serve. We send students into the world with a strong educational foundation and an enduring compass for Christian living.
Our Call In 2012, Howard Payne University launched A Call to Send — a 10-year, $65 million campaign that will empower the university to continue to fulfill its mission of providing a quality, Christ-centered education. A Call to Send will lead Howard Payne down the path of viability for future generations of students and directly impact the future of the Brownwood community. It will do so by providing funding for:
- attracting and retaining students through:
- – quality education programs,
- – state–of–the–art facilities, and
- – scholarships and financial aid;
- the first new buildings on the HPU campus in more than ten years developing a well–educated workforce through associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs;
- training quality teachers and principals for Texas public schools;
- preparing students for ministry roles in churches and other mission opportunities;
- offering opportunities for career advancement and higher earning potential;
- positively impacting the economy; and
- encouraging alumni to serve in churches, nonprofit organizations, school boards and city government.